Peanut Butter Pie

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

If you haven't noticed by now, we have a thing for peanut butter in our family. We love it in our main dishes, love it in our breakfast, and best of all, love it with chocolate. Oh man, I'm making myself drool just thinking about all the peanut butter and chocolate combinations. This recipe is rich, creamy chocolatey, peanut buttery goodness. Probably not so good for a diet, but oh so good for your taste buds!

















The ingredients:
















CRUST: (I usually buy a pre-made chocolate crust, but here are directions if you want to make it from scratch)
1-1/4 cups chocolate cookie crumbs (Oreos)
1/4 cup butter, melted

FILLING:
1 pkg. (8-oz) cream cheese, softened
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 Tbs. butter, softened
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped

GARNISHMENTS (optional): hot fudge, melted peanut butter, chopped peanuts, chocolate cookie crumbs

Combine crust ingredients; press into a 9-inch pie plate. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes. Cool.

In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, peanut butter, sugar, butter and vanilla until smooth. Fold in whipped cream. Gently spoon into crust.















It looks way too plain without the garnishments! Garnish with hot fudge, melted peanut butter, chopped peanuts, or cookie crumbs. Refrigerate. Serves 8-10.















Note to self: Don't type up recipes for sinfully delicious desserts on an empty stomach. Must have chocolate now.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Donna-FFW February 11, 2009 at 1:26 PM  

Lara- This looks so so so freaking amazing. I must try this. I am printing it out. You can not go wrong with this type of dessert!!!

jacjewelry February 11, 2009 at 6:38 PM  

This looks SO good! I am craving something sweet right now. Who am I kidding? I always crave something sweet! :)

Anonymous,  February 12, 2009 at 2:22 PM  

What a pie! So many yummy sweets in one dessert! I'd like to post your recipe on our blog! Please let me know if you're interested. :)

Best,
Sophie, Key Ingredient Chief Blogger
sophie@keyingredient.com

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP